Welcome to the School Nurse Home Page at Thomas Jefferson Middle School. My name is Mrs. Binetti. I look forward to working with you to support the health of your child to enable her/him to learn in the classroom.
Medical Requirements for Entrance to NJ Middle School:
A. Immunizations- NJ Adinistrative Code citation 8:57-4.1 to 8:57- 4.20 requires every student to be fully immunized unless s/he is exempted for medical or religious reasons. Proof of immunizations is required.
1. DTaP/ DTP - minimum 3 doses
2. Polio - minimum 3 doses
3. MMR - 2 doses- 1st dose on or after 1st birthday
4. Varicella - 1 dose or proof of disease
5. Hepatitis B - 3 doses
6. Mantoux Test for tuberculosis- for new entry students from outside of US
*REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL 11 YEAR OLD STUDENTS ENTERING 6TH GRADE OR ANY STUDENT TRANSFERRING INTO FAIRLAWN:
1. Meningococcal- 1 dose
2. Tdap - 1 dose of tetanus with a pertussis booster
B. Health Examination- any child atransferring into the Fair Lawn School System must provide a current physical exam . Any exam performed within the past year is acceptable.
Email Contact Information: